TITAN RACING - Cypher Carbon COMP 2023 (120mm travel)
THE TITAN RACING CYPHER CARBON COMP A 120mm ripper.
With more rocks, roots, drops and jumps scattered along XC courses and the trails we froth to ride, our capabilities have progressed and steered towards riding more capable bikes. Slacker head angles, longer reach, and more travel. The Cypher has a dropper post, burlier tires and 20mm more travel over its’ RS variant.
- The Cypher RS carbon is a short travel 100mm bike with a carbon fiber front and rear triangle built on the metric shock standard.
- Using a metric standard shock allows for the design of two travel variations using the same frame by taking advantage of the ability to adjust the stroke length of the shock without affecting the eye-to-eye dimension.
- A difference of 7.5mm on the stroke translates into 20mm of travel at the rear axle – the 100mm Cypher RS (Racing Spec) has a 37.5mm stroke length while the Cypher has a 45mm stroke.
- A flip chip allows the ability to customise the geometry to the preference of the rider or trail conditions by reducing the head angle by half a degree and the BB drop by 5mm in the low setting.
- A gently progressive leverage ratio is balanced between the ability to resist harsh bottom out while still allowing full use of travel. Progressive means that more force needs to be applied the further into the travel the rear axle moves in order to compress the shock – this makes for a supportive ride feel that is stable and composed. The leverage rate has been optimised so that it is not too progressive, allowing for full use of travel.
- Anti-squat figures have been calculated to function optimally around 85-115% on 32T – 34T chainrings, those being the most popular size for 12-speed drive systems.
- The frame uses BSA threaded BB cups as opposed to press fit for ease of maintenance and rider concerns over creaky BB’s.
- Internal cable routing solutions for the rear brake, shift cables, a stealth dropper post and remote lockout cable for the shock.
- Rear-axle standard is Boost 148 which allows us to maximise tire clearance without having to compromise on the rear center length.
- The frame has 2 water bottle mounts.
- Multi-user 5 Year Warranty standard on all bikes.
- Weight: 12.85kg
Frame: CYPHER FULL CARBON BOOST FRAMESET
Fork: FOX RHYTHM 32 FLOAT 100mm
REAR SHOCK: FOX PERFORMANCE ELITE FLOAT 2 POS REMOTE, SV EVOL
BB Set: SRAM DUB BSA MTB73
B-Lever: SHIMANO SLX
Brake-F: SHIMANO SLX 2 PISTON WITH 180MM ROTOR
Brake-R: SHIMANO SLX 2 PISTON WITH 160MM ROTOR
Chainwheel: RACEFACE RIDE 32T
DERA-R: SHIMANO XT RD-M8100-SGS
Freewheel CS: DEORE CS-M6100-12 10-51T
Grip: TR LOCKRING GRIP
H-Bar: TR PRO CARBON RISER BAR 760MM
H-B: TR PRO H/BAR STEM
Head Set: FSA NO.42/ACB (BEARING)
Spacer: 10mm X 2 PCS
Hub-F: TR PRO ALLOY BLACK BOOST
Hub-R: TR PRO ALLOY BLACK BOOST
Pedal PP: BODY/STEEL CAGE
Rim: RACEFACE AR 32H
Saddle: PROLOGO DIMENSION NDR TIROX ANTHR/BLACK CARBON INJ
Seat Clamp: PROMAX MX-70 ALLEN KEY 34.9MM
Seat Post: X-FUSION MANIC WITH REMOTE 31.6
Shifter-R: SHIMANO XT SL-M8100-R
Spoke: Stainless BLACK
Tire-F/R: VITTORIA BARZO 29″ X 2.25 XC-RACE TLR TAN SIDEWALL